On 18 October, as part of the 4th World Forum on Local Economic Development in Praia, Cape Verde, UCLG will be holding a Learning Session on waste management and the circular economy. This learning session, which will take place in room H of the National Stadium of Cape Verde is intended to provide an opportunity to find new solutions and take pragmatic and consolidated decisions jointly on topics such as integrated management and circular economies.
The main objective is to facilitate dialogue through a game with possible scenarios to understand the circular economy and the variables which influence decision-making on waste management. Each player’s role helps to develop an understanding of the ways in which different actors behave in order to seek agreements in multi-disciplinary teams and overcome the challenge.
This group dynamic is a contribution to the localization of the SDGs, in particular Goal 12: responsible consumption and production. Another chance to listen to real experiences and share lessons learned among the participants and equip local and regional governments with the skills and experience needed to localize the SDGs.
[Read the Flyer of the session]
Don’t miss the other sessions on the programme!
UCLG is also coordinating the sessions on the Topic LED as a foundation for sustainable and inclusive economies, which, in addition to the learning session, also include:
- a policy dialogue: Sustainable urbanization and local economic development: challenges and opportunities for local and regional governments
followed by a plenary session: Building sustainable cities for locally-rooted investment, decent jobs, services and inclusive growth
and 4 panel sessions addressing sub-topics, such as:
- Climate change and local economic development: How to mitigate the effects of climate change while promoting local economic development
- Informal economy between regularization and access in transition phases
- Focus on the intermediate urban islands influence
- Intermediary cities as a key player in South-South cooperation for LED
For more information:
- Visit: ledworldforum.org
- Social media: #WorldLEDForum / @WorldLEDForum
- Key positioning of local and regional governments on local economic development
- For further information or should you be interested in participating to one of the four main thematic areas or the ones coordinated by FAMSI, as speaker, please inform the World Secretariat by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com